How do I engage with CableLabs as a vendor and what are the benefits?
If you’re involved in the cable industry as a non-cable network platform, manufacturer or content provider, we would love to have you on board as a member of our vendor community. There are a few ways you can participate:
- Join a CableLabs Working Group to contribute in Specification and Test Plan drafting which you can then implement for your device. If you’re interested, register for a CableLabs account to sign an NDA and other agreements.
- A Working Group is a group of Subject Matter Experts from CableLabs, MSOs and manufacturers – that have signed the appropriate CableLabs NDA and IPR Agreements – and are working on all or a portion of a CableLabs’ initiative.
- Join as a Visiting Engineer or Contributing Engineer on a part-time basis for at least 6 months. One of the many advantages of this hands-on participation is an opportunity to bring your compliant product to market faster. If you’re interested, register your company for a CableLabs account.
- A Visiting Engineer is an employee of a manufacturer who spends time at CableLabs working on a CableLabs initiative for a certain period of time in accordance with a Visiting Engineer agreement. Contributing Engineers are similar to Visiting Engineers except they are not located at CableLabs.
- Access InfoZone to review Draft Specifications 30 to 60 days prior to public issuance. Request to participate in the drafting of specifications by requesting to join a working group.
- Work with CableLabs on a well-defined co-innovation project. This is an opportunity to combine forces and expertise to bring new technology to market in 3 to 5 years. If you’re interested in partnering with us or learning more about this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join us in events like Envision Vendor Forum to engage in discussions with other operators and CableLabs staff.
- Envision Vendor Forum is a free event for companies who are building technology for the global cable & mobile industry. This event is your secret weapon to know what the technology strategies will be for the largest cable, broadband and mobile operators around the world.