Cable Information Services (CIS) provides secure industry-wide data and information services to help cable companies prosper. CIS addresses the inherent inefficiencies of exchanging information between multiple cable companies and multiple business partners. Working with cable company experts, CIS develops standard interfaces and provides platforms to enable information exchange.
Cable Information Services—Multiple MSOs
Our ServicesThe Go2Broadband platform has demonstrated that providing shared information services for the cable industry creates significant value in three key areas, illustrated below:
Cable Information Services—Single MSO
- Maximize competitive value through common industry specifications
- Leverage technology to enable industry operation as a single national entity
Platforms and Applications
- Provide shared implementation of industry standard specifications
- Provide cost reductions by consolidating common functions over a shared infrastructure
- Enable industry benchmarking
- Accelerate business and IT alignment, while supporting individual MSO business agreements and policies
- Provide a single industry technical roadmap with development priorities
- Assure consistent interpretation of technical specifications
- Provide 24x7 support of hosted platforms and application
- Provide integration support for industry specification implementationss
Our PlatformsCIS includes the Go2Broadband platform that is currently serving the cable industry.
Go2Broadband (G2B) is the cable industry's automated national platform for service location, lead generation and statusing. G2B provides the ability to locate, quote, and order video, phone, and high-speed internet services at a national level by interacting with multiple MSO back-office systems in real-time. The major MSOs (representing 94% of the national footprint) and more than 500 affiliates currently participate in the G2B program.
The G2B process:
- A customer at an affiliate site (retail kiosk or website) submits a query to G2B, requesting the availability of cable services for a specific address.
- G2B contacts the participating MSO, who responds with information on its service offerings to the customer or affiliate.
- After the customer views the cable service offerings, additional dynamic messages are used to enable the order to be placed directly with the MSO for activation and possibly appointment scheduling.
Future Platforms and Projects
As future challenges and opportunities are presented to the cable industry, the Cable Information Services team will respond by using an established development process to deliver solutions that meet evolving business needs and assure continuous improvement. The CIS team's approach (see diagram below) to interface design and change management has been proven to support rapidly changing business environments.