Innovation Showcase Participation Agreement
<!– THIS LINK NEEDS TO BE UPDATED FOR THE NEW 2015 >PDFClick here for a printable version of the Innovation Showcase Participation Agreement 2014 SC –>
If your demo is selected for the CableLabs’ Innovation Showcase, we want to ensure that the event is a success for you and the conference attendees. Therefore, your participation is dependent on your agreement to the following terms:
- Time and Dates: The time of the Innovation Showcase is on Monday morning, March 2. Mandatory rehearsals will be required on both Saturday, February 28, and Sunday, March 1, so plan on arriving by Saturday morning, February 28 by 8:00 a.m. Each company will rehearse with a professional presentation coach and PowerPoint expert on Saturday. Sunday, each company will set up, rehearse, and dry run with the moderator. There will be 2 rehearsals on Sunday, so please be prepared for an 8-5 day. We reserve the right to terminate your participation in the Innovation Showcase should your presentation at the rehearsals on Sunday fail to perform, in our discretion, at the level we deem suitable for the Innovation Showcase; in that event, a table will be provided for you in the general exhibition area.
- Leaving Equipment: You must leave all aspects of your demonstration in place overnight Sunday, March 1, in the secured ballroom where the session will occur. This includes laptop computers. While CableLabs will provide security guards and ensure doors are locked appropriately, CableLabs accepts no liability for damage to or loss of your property.
- Major Demo Changes: Should you have any major change to the demo that you described to CableLabs, notification of such change must be sent to George Kakatsakis (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
- Innovation Pavilion: In addition to presenting your product during the Showcase, you will have a demonstration table in the Innovation Pavilion. This table should be staffed through Tuesday evening’s demo reception. The demo reception closes at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, with dismantle to be completed by 9:00 p.m. that same evening.
- Tear Down: Tear down/Dismantle from the Showcase will occur during the lunch break on Monday, August 4. Demonstrations will then be moved to the Innovation Showcase Pavilion on the main demo floor (see #4).
- Travel Costs/Housing: Participating companies are responsible for travel costs and for obtaining housing at the conference. Employees of participating companies will be able to attend all social events such as meals and receptions. If your company is accepted for participation in the Showcase, you will be provided with a link to the Showcase Logistics website. At this site you will be provided with the housing link and other details to help you plan for your participation (shipping, audio visual rental form, etc.).
- Consent: I hereby consent to the recordation, duplication, publication (including without limitation, posting a recording on the Internet) and use by CableLabs of my remarks and materials at this conference. All third-party video content used for your demonstration must be identified to CableLabs no later than 14 days prior to the Showcase with documentation, acceptable to CableLabs, permitting its use for this demonstration including CableLabs’ recording, duplication, publication (including without limitation, posting a recording on the Internet) and use. In addition, I hereby release and indemnify CableLabs, its employees, agents, and licensees for any claims arising out of the recordation, duplication, publication (including without limitation, posting a recording on the Internet) and use of my remarks and materials at this conference including, but not limited to, any claims for libel, slander, invasion of privacy, trade secrets or infringement of intellectual property. I have read and I understand CableLabs’ Antitrust Guidelines for Conference Speakers (http://www.cablelabs.com/downloads/AntitrustGuidelines.pdf).
- As mentioned in 1. above, we reserve the right to terminate your participation in the Innovation Showcase should your presentation at the rehearsal on Sunday fail to perform, in our discretion, at the level we deem suitable for the Innovation Showcase; in that event, a table will be provided for you in the general exhibition area.
Once you have read the Innovation Showcase Participation Agreement, please use the following link to acknowledge and accept the agreement: