Interoperable devices based on common specifications facilitate consumer choice, widespread deployment of new technologies, and lower costs to both cable operators and consumers.
- Complete each project's Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and return as directed (each project has a separate NDA). For example, if you are participating in both PacketCable™ and DOCSIS®, you must complete both NDAs. Access the NDAs.
- Request to subscribe to the project reflectors in order to receive announcements regarding upcoming interoperability events, process changes, and vendor meetings. The DocZone Web site contains password-protected information for each project. You will obtain a login and password when you complete the NDA agreements.
- Refer to the CableLabs Security Documents for information regarding the timeline and process for obtaining digital certificates and manufacturers CVCs required for certification.
- Download the project-specific documents: Specifications, Test Plans (ATPs, CTPs, etc. as appropriate), Test Requirements (Protocol (or Profile) Implementation Conformance Statements (PICS), Component Checklists, etc. as appropriate), and Test Platform (Test Execution Packages (TEPs), test tools, test scripts, etc. as appropriate).
- Refer to the Certification & Qualification Guidelines for details on how to submit products to the certification waves, and for information on certification wave requirements and guidelines for each project. Additionally, please review the certification, qualification, verification definitions.
- Refer to the CableLabs Certification Flowchart for an overview of the certification process.
- Refer to the Certification & Qualification Schedules & Fees information for details on when to submit product and associated pricing information.